Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Busy Art Week

I’m having art overload this week!!

First of all, I started a Mixed Media art class last week and am already behind on my homework. I’ve got to start shading my faces and I still don’t have faces good enough to shade. Sigh.

Second, I’m trying to put the finishing touches on Rachel’s birthday present, and I think I’m just making it worse. I’m very tempted to throw it out and start over… (Dear Rachel, I'm sorry I've messed up your present. Love, Liz)

Third, I’m trying to finish my ATC’s (Artist Trading Cards) and get them mailed off to Canada, The Netherlands, and Spain, for my ATC group. So, I’m feeling stressed about that, as well.

Fourth, I’ve started another birthday M.M.A. that I need to get done in the next couple weeks and I have so many ideas I think my head is going to explode!

These reasons, and a few others, are making me very busy. I feel like every spare* minute I have I’m sketching something, painting something, or cleaning up spills. (F.Y.I. dark green paint DOES NOT come out of beige carpet, no matter how fast you try to clean it up or how many cleaning solutions you use.)

I’m feeling a little creatively drained…

But, I’ve never felt more alive!!



*Thankfully, (although a little tearfully), the Olympics are over, so I should have more spare minutes now!

5 comments:

Sheba's Mommy said...

I think it's great that you're so busy with such great things! You were always a very creative, neat person and I miss you. Stay busy, it's good for you, but also find time for relaxation if you can, that's good for you too. :)

-Chels

rachelsaysso said...

Wait! Let me see it first! Don't throw it away. I'll love it, I'm sure. I'm just so thrilled to have Liz Original.

I do have some super power carpet cleaning solution if you want to give it one last shot. I...um...forgot, yeah, that's it, I forgot to give it back to Kaley after she moved out.

Wendy said...

As someone who knows a thing or two about paint spills (or hair dye) on carpet, here's a tip: try rubbing alcohol. It make take a few tries, but I've had excellent luck with it.

ryan morgan said...

Liz. i was happy to discover that you are a talented artist! keep up the good work!!! whats the largest scale you have ever worked on? whatever it is i think you are ready to go bigger. do you have some of your work on line? let me know so i can check it out! let me know about the ATCs if you have time. ive heard about them, let me know how the ins and outs go with that. oh -thought you might be interested -oct 10 is the deadline for the 8th annual church art contest if you were interested. im trying to get something done in time...

Liz the Poet said...

Thanks for the compliment, Ryan! I means a lot to me!

I have been thinking about branching out onto larger canvases, but I've been intimidated...such a big white space...

And I'd love to talk to you (and anyone else for that matter) about ATC's. There fantastic and it's amazing to get them in the mail from fellow artists around the world. I highly recommmend it!

I don't know if I'm brave enough to participate in the art contest, maybe next year...