Friday, September 7, 2007

Conversations

I know, I’ve posted a lot recently about my office mate. But I have too! I can’t keep suffering in silence.*

Conversation with my office mate this morning…

Her: Thanks for telling me how your interview went. Now when I have mine, I’ll be prepared. I can’t come up with things on the spare of the moment.

Me: You mean spur, spur of the moment.

Her: What? It isn’t spare?

Me: Nope, it’s spur, as in “with haste.” (Seeing her confusion), in other words, spur as “in a hurry.”

Her: Oh. Man, I get so fustrated when I say something wrong.

Me: You mean, frustrated.

Her: That’s what I said, fustrated.

Me: No, frrrru, frustrated.

Her: Oh.


* If it makes you feel better, yesterday I sacrificed my entire lunch hour (which I had been saving for a great new book I’m reading) to talk with her about the gospel. See! I’m not totally snarky!

Addendum: You see now how not good I am! Here I've been, thinking and praying about my lack of pure goodness for days, and the first thing that came to my mind after I had this conversation was "I can't wait to post this on my blog!" Would Corrie Ten Boom do this? No! Would Jesus? No! Would Liz? Yes, in a heartbeat. This is my problem.

2 comments:

rachelsaysso said...

Fustrated!!! Argh! This one gets me the most.

Laura said...

Keep in mind though, that you sharing these stories brings joy and amusement to others. I submit that there is more than one way to bring goodness into the lives of others!