Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Confession Time!

I have two very ponder-ish posts coming up. (Full warning!)

So, I’d thought I’d keep this week light and fluffy to off-balance the upcoming deep thoughts.

With that, here are…

Five Things I’m not good at:

1. Picking avocados. (They’re always weird inside. Not hard, but discolored and looking rotty. I always select more than I need because I know half of them won’t be edible. If I ever marry [silent prayer to the heavens], picking avocados will be his job.)

2. Driving with the Spirit. (As soon as I enter the car, the anger at my fellow man rises exponentially. I’m not one to curse, but I get darn close! (Sometimes, too close.))

3. Taking compliments. (I always assume someone’s just being polite (i.e. lying) or they want something from me.)

4. Small-talk. (I hate it. And this is why I also hate large gatherings/parties. All you can really ever do at those occasions is small-talk. I much prefer intimate groups where you can really discuss some deep ideas. Really, I feel small-talk is a waste of my time.)

5. Calling people back. (I’m really sorry about this one. Really. I hope I haven’t offended any of you by not returning your call. It’s just, I hate the phone. More specifically, I hate leaving messages. I get really panicked about it. Seriously. I’m very self-conscious about my messages. (And I know what you’re going to say “Liz, I love your messages. They crack me up!” But, you’ll have to look back at #3 to see why I don’t agree with you.))

So, there you have it! Just a small sampling of my many weaknesses/foibles/neuroses.

I know you have some. (We all do.) Maybe you should do a post on five of your own?

Or, drop me a line in the comments and share one!

3 comments:

Gina said...

1. Being nice when I'm tired (DFW Airport)
2. Eating fewer chocolate chip cookies.
3. Sleeping with noise (I used to be great at this)
4. Baking in high altitudes (this should help number 2)
5. Keeping that darn counter by the kitchen clean (there's always mail or other things on it)

The list could go on, and on, and on.

Laura said...

Oh boy, do I have to limit it to 5? I don't think that's possible!! I think I'll do a post. Check back in a couple days!

Anonymous said...

I actually drove with the spirit to AND from the temple on Friday! No one was more shocked than I. And I was even on the 10!! Most of the time however I am Beelzeflub.

1. I hate the phone too.
2. The look in men's eyes when they realize I'm smarter/wittier/more educated than they are makes me violent.
3. I'd rather do someone else's dishes than my own.
4. I think nearly every institution should have a drive through.
5. I fall in love with fictional characters. Which means I can't even write them fan mail.