Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday Fluff!

Demotivation Day! Yay!

It could be because it’s a rainy Friday, but I found these posters addicting. Some are absolutely HILARIOUS! (And I love that they are all from a website called “Despair, Inc.” Isn’t that just fantastic? I’m so happy that we humans can laugh about such things.)

I think I’ve spent about an hour looking through the site, so be forewarned! You, too, might get obsessed.

Oh, how I wish I had my own office, and could decorate at will. I would plaster these babies all over to fill myself with happiness!

Here are some of my favorites (in case, unlike me, you actually feel like doing your job while you’re at work and don’t have the time to spend perusing the Demotivators):




When your best just isn't good enough.




You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and, statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do.




You aren't being paid to believe in the power of your dreams.



It's best to avoid standing directly between a competitive jerk and his goals.



If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.




If you find yourself struggling with loneliness, you're not alone. And yet you are alone. So very alone.




Madness does not always howl. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "Hey, is there room in your head for one more?"




If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.



With focus, dedication and steroids, men can achieve impossible dreams. Like breaking a world record. Or growing their own breasts.



When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.



Well, there you go! I hope you chuckled at a few of them, and if you have the time, you might also want to check out the DespairWear. My favorite shirt says “More people have read this shirt THAN YOUR BLOG.” Oh, how true it is!



I’m off to work! (after some repenting, that is, for wasting time…)

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Where can I get one of these posters? I need one to go in our financial aid office, I love the last one about wishes.

Laura said...

I like the Wishes one too!

Amanda said...

My favorite one of those is:

"Dysfunction

The only consistent feature in all of your dissatisfying relationships is you."

You all remember Ben right? Well, his mom gave him this one. He actually hung it up in his apartment. He thought it was funny. We all just thought it was sadly true.

Wendy said...

I like the Goals and Ineptitude ones. Someone once asked me what my favorite form of humor was, and at the time I said sarcasm (I was a teenager, surprise, surprise). I would have to say a good parody is right up there at the top of the list these days.